Thursday, November 30, 2006

MY BIRTHDAY!!!


So it was my birthday Nov. 10 and I was thinking the night before that I couldn’t believe that I was turning 20. When you are in your teens you just can’t wait to get older, but really what is so great about being older? You have so much more responsibilities and people expect so much more from you just because you are older. But a lot of times with most people they can be 50 but act like they are 5 so I don’t really think that the older you get and what number you are on is always the more mature you have to be and act. I mean yeah there is always a time and a place for everything. But I think that no matter how old I get I will want to feel young and I will still act fun and crazy, at least I hope that I will. I don’t ever want to be old and boring!

So as I was thinking that night and being sad and wishing that I was at home for my birthday, my roommates came into my room and said happy birthday! And I said no I am not 20 until tomorrow so you have to wait until then but they said no it’s right now because the sun went down, and I was like whatever… I was having a hard time bc I have never had my birthday away from home and turning 20 just sounded so old and I didn’t want to go there. 19 still sounds good bc you are still a teen but 20 just sounds old, twenty... I know I am not close to old yet but birthdays are different for everyone. Anyhoo so they pulled out a gift bag and yelled Happy Birthday! I was so shocked and I didn’t expect much from anybody. But I guess that these girls do love me. They got me a really nice shirt and sweater, and I was like sweet! And they are both orange and I really like orange.







And I had gone out to the store 2 weeks b4 and gotten a can of whip cream bc I wanted it for my birthday. And so with the girls I opened it and one of the girls asked to put it in my mouth and she not only put it in my mouth but also all over my face. I really didn’t think that she would do that but it was so funny. And I also share whip cream with the other girls that wanted it. And I wasn’t sure on how good the whip cream would be bc I couldn’t understand what the label said. Whip cream has never tasted so good! And it always seems to taste better when it’s on you face ; )





After I had my two classes in the morning I came back to my room to find that my room-mate had decorated my bed and wrote happy birthday everywhere, it was awesome. And she also wrote all of these little cute notes for me, she was so sweet to me.
Also another one of the girls gave me the white and blue adidas sweater that I am wearing, I love it.




Then bc I really wanted to get out of Herghlia my friend Daniela drove me to town. I was so excited to just get out and have some fun on the town. And we sure did. We walked around a lot and went into a lot of cool stores. These pictures are in the center of the square, it’s really pretty.


Then I thought what better place to go eat for your birthday than McDonalds! So yeah, I went to McDonalds for my 20th birthday but I felt like I was turning 8 again. But it was really fun. It has never tasted so good and I totally pigged out. I had more than just a happy meal. I had a cheese burger, fries, chicken nuggets, a raspberry pie and a raspberry sundae. Come on it was my birthday! And it was all yummy and I didn’t feel sick after like I thought that I would. (If you want ketchup you have to pay extra, it was weird. Man, the things that we take for granted lol)



And of course I had to be a little kid and go on the rides that were outside.




So we went back to school and later that evening I had just gotten out of the shower and my room-mate told me that someone wanted to talk to me and that it was important. So I went down stairs to the cafeteria and then the lights turned on and everyone was there and they sang happy birthday to me. I was so surprised! I had a couple people say happy birthday to me during the day but I didn’t think that they were going to do anything special for me but I was wrong. They gave me a card and a plush soccer ball that they had all signed which was the perfect gift for me. And then this couple from Spain sang some songs to me in Spanish and it sounded so beautiful. They came from the Health Center that is beside us just to sing to me, it was really sweet and I felt so loved. I was the only one who was wearing my PJ’s since I had just gotten out of the shower, and I had whip cream on my shirt from the night before, so I felt a little out of place. But whatever right?


So overall my day was pretty good and it’s so great bc even when you are away from home for your birthday, there are people around you who really care about you and make sure that you have a great birthday and I a did. : )

3 Comments:

At 3:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy! :) I LOVED your birthday story! I am so glad you have good people around you who enjoy having fun! Your package from us is not going to get there by Christmas... maybe Valentines' Day! :) Just kidding. Hopefully before then! LOVE YoU! Michelle and family

 
At 9:38 a.m., Blogger Mariah said...

Wow Chels you look so pretty!

...and did I mention old? ha ha jokes my love, don't worry you'll never be as old as me.

I love reading your blog but it reminds me of how much I miss you :( waaa

Well my solo birthday companion I'm glad to have you as a sister of adventure!

 
At 4:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chels
Its Jose from Carlwood back in 1994 haha.
Im so amazed with all your accomplishments :) keep on doing what your doing!

I also felt wierd when i turned 20 i felt soo OLD.. haha so dont worry your not the only one. Thanks for the christmas gesture, hope that your christmas in Romania is unforgettable. You need to send me a story of your trip to GUatemala. i love reading your lil stories. They're funny, i like the one bout you slamming the gate on the cow HAHA.. later Chels .. your pal Jose ! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home