Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I Arrived....



My Friend Loretta said that she would be there right outside of security and I was really praying that she would be. The airport was so tiny. It was like a house which was great bc then I couldn’t get lost lol. I was so excited and happy when I saw her head poke out from the sliding doors after someone went through them. I went as fast as I could to her and it was like how it is in the movies. I jumped on her and we embraced for a long time bc I didn’t want to let go. Lol It’s the best feeling having someone beside you that you know after being by yourself which seemed like to me was so long. Then I got to go see 2 more friends, Roberta and Daniela. More hugs, lots of pictures and then a goodbye to Daniela bc she had to go back to Canada.


I travelled around with Loretta and Roberta for 2 days and a bit seeing their family. A few of them spoke English which was great but with the others it’s all about the body language. All I knew in Romanian was I love you (te iubesc) and I thought that that would be good enough, lol. I really should of learned more. But I got by fine with the girls help. We stayed one night at one aunt’s house. We walked around and there was always a chicken a duck or a dog running around and a rooster crowing. I saw some boys playing soccer but I didn’t play with them. I know it’s crazy bc I always want to play soccer any chance I get but that was how tired I was. Early the next morning it was a five hour bus ride to the next aunt‘s house. And the buses here don’t have toilets which makes peeing difficult. The 3 of us fell asleep and almost missed our stop but luckily Loretta noticed and quickly yelled at the bus driver to stop. We grabbed all of our stuff and struggled pulling it on broken sidewalk. I was so jet lagged so it was harder than it usually would have been. And having everyone stare at you bc they know you are tourist is kind of scary. I think that It’s really rude but it is very common here, everyone just stares, so I just stare back until they stop starring at me... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home