Thursday, November 02, 2006


So we sat on a bench and waited for our ride and just my luck I sat on gum. And not just once but twice. How does that happen? I don’t know. They were just laughing at me but I didn’t think that it was very funny… Why do people have to stick their gum on benches? There are garbage cans everywhere! Come on!…


Once we arrived at their house I wanted a bed real bad. We ate homemade fries and they were good. We watched TV which was nice bc I knew that that would be the last time I would get to watch it for a very long time. Then I crashed and was out like a light. Couple hours later got in a couple games of Dutch Blitz! Oh yeah… then it was back to bed for the night. This is me here fighting with my suitcase that was so stuffed with everything that after each time I open it I would have to fight to zip it close.


Woke up very early, again… and said my goodbyes to Loretta and Roberta. It was very hard bc they were the last Canadian friends that I would see for almost a year. Their cousin drove me to the train, bought my ticket, put my suitcase in the booth and waved at me as the train started moving.

And then it was back to me, myself and I. It was really strange being in a train since it was my first time. There were four other people in my booth and luckily one guy spoke English. It was a very long 5 hours for me. I thought trains would be cool and a lot more fun but I am sure that it would be if I had someone to travel with. The view was really beautiful and it was still really hard to believe that I was in Romania! I was really scared and sad and was wishing that I didn’t have to travel by myself. That was the most alone that I have felt in my life. I realized no one can help me, I am on my own, and have to take care of myself. And so I turned to God to help me and I have never prayed so much. It helped a lot and I felt a lot better.


Finally I arrived at Targu Mures and was really hoping that someone from the school was there and luckily they were. I met four of the students and two of them spoke English. We went to the bank to exchange money and then went shopping at Metro. It was cool bc it is a big wholesale store almost like Costco so I felt a little at home. Did a little shopping but it was super hard bc I wasn’t sure what all that I would need. And the one girl Aly was getting a bunch of bathroom stuff and I asked her what I should get and she said “don’t worry about it bc we can all share”. I said we all share one bathroom!? And she said yes and in my mind I was like “oh that’s not gonna be fun…” We bought the stuff and then we were off and I was almost close to my final destination and I was getting really excited bc I didn’t know what it would be like. The road up to the school was so crazy. It was like a bad ride that any minute you felt lie you were going to throw up. They really need to slow down on the big bumps…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home