Monday, November 20, 2006

The snow fell and so did I!


So 2 weeks ago we got our first snow. I remember when I saw it I went outside and I quickly stuck my hand in the snow and then quickly took it out bc I forgot how cold the snow is. It’s been awhile, and snow hasn't usually been that cold. It made me really happy and snow has never really made me so happy. I guess just being away from home, some things start to be more special for you.



So I was coming out of the the class room and I went outside and bc I was so happy I let out a scream and as soon as I took my first step down the first stair, I totally fell on my bum before my foot was fully on the step. I slid down on the the five stairs and quite a few people that were behind me all saw it and laughed like crazy. It was so funny and it’s great when you fall and you can get up right after and laugh about it bc it didn’t hurt at all, it’s a good thing that I have padding on my bum.

So the snow fell all day and we got about a foot of snow. It was so great to play in it. I felt like I was a kid again. Everyone else didn’t like it that much bc it was cold but I was just so happy and it really wasn’t cold only like -5.



This is my class-mate Tafadzwa who is From Zimbabwe, Africa. He was one of the people who the snow and the cold surprised the most to bc that was the first time that he had ever seen snow. When I heard that I couldn’t believe it. I know that it doesn’t snow in Africa but to hear that someone has never seen snow is just really weird. He is not looking forward to the cold and more snow but I will make him love it. (Can’t wait to throw him in the snow ;)

1 Comments:

At 11:25 a.m., Blogger Amber said...

How wonderful you got to enjoy snow! I can't wait to have a White Xmas this year in AB, it just doesn't feel like Xmas without snow to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home