Monday, December 18, 2006

Kiwi and Grapes...

So being Vegan takes a lot more time and prep to make the food. Making everything from scratch is not always that fun bc it is time consuming and I am not the kitchen type of girl. I mean the kitchen can be fun at times when you are cooking for some friends but when it’s 35 people it’s a lil harder. So in the fall we did a lot of prep to the fruits and vegetables so we can freeze them and have them during the winter. I have cut up so many peppers, peeled cook eggplant, pitted lots of plums, and cut up lots of apples. But the busiest day was when we got so many crates of Kiwi and Grapes and we worked for hours sorting the good from the bad and making juice from the grapes and bagging all of the Kiwi for Jam and also blended it to make Nectar. Kiwi nectar is soooooooo good. We had it for so many days but then it does get to be too much. But there is still lots to have later in the winte.
It was fun working with everybody and getting pretty dirty…








Grapes…mmmmm





Having fun playing in a bag.



I have never seen a old school juicer like this, it’s a lot of hard work that’s why I was just watching them, I’m a pretty good supervisor. Lol


Me just being me… yum yum yum!

2 Comments:

At 12:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW thats a pile of grapes! we need another post now from Jan 2007, Has winter started Yet? Pretty cold here in Canada, about -23 this week. Sure wish we had Grapes growing nearby, the ones in stores here are poor quality now and pretty expensive. My sister is living with me now so she cooks most of the time now, its a lot better than my bachalor cooking....

 
At 7:35 p.m., Blogger Amber said...

Not making any wine with those grapes eh??? Wine's vegan isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home