Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hungary and back again

Sylvia and I are the only two North Americans. And North Americans can only stay in Romania for up to 3 months and then they have to leave. So what we had to do is take the bus for 7 hours and go across to the Hungarian border, get our passports stamped, get off that bus, wait 45 mins for anouther bus, go back across the border and get our passports stamped again, and then have anouther 7 hour trip back to the city that is near our school. The most exciting thing that hapenned is that I almost got left behind bc I was one of the last ones to go to the bathroom and then I went to the store to buy some food and the bus started to leave without me, so Sylvia quickly ran in to get me... that would have been scary. It was so eventful that this is the only picture that we took. So now I can say that I have been to Hungary, but technically only for an hour. Does that still count?


1 Comments:

At 10:31 p.m., Blogger Amber said...

Why don't you get a hotel and try and see some sights there the next time you have to go? We used to have to do that too (leave Guate every 3 months) so we'd make a little mini-vacation out of it. (Now we have our residency so we don't have to leave)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home